Thursday, November 29, 2007

Just When I Thought It Couldn't Get Colder

I am now in Nurnberg, Germany where the car showed -1.5C (29F) when I arrived. Side bar - this time I got an Opel which isn't much better than the Skoda and the speed limiter was set to 200km/hr (124 mph), no fun at all. I don't have much to share right now except that Nurnberg is another quaint and beautiful European city. Spotlessly clean as I would expect of any major city in Germany with not even a hint of litter around. The one really nice thing about being in Nurnberg this time of year that almost makes up for the cold is the Christkindlesmarkt (Christmas market). Germans take Christmas very seriously (well they take most things seriously) so all major towns have a Christmas market leading up to the big day, however the Nurnberg market is one of the most popular. Vendors set up stalls in the town center and sell lovingly made (in China) ornaments, dolls, cakes, cider, mugs, etc. to the unknowing tourists. Nurnberg is also famous for its sausages so every other stall sells you three sausages in a bun for 1.50 Euro. I would have shown you a picture of one but I devoured mine before I could get my camera out.

It's sad that I've become so accustomed to cold weather that I don't know what to pack for my trip to 20C (70F) weather next week.

1 comment:

Kati said...

My mom loved the christmas market there. I'll have to send her your post. When are you coming to the US again?