Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Rain, Rain Go Away...

My passport is being held hostage in order to get a visa so I haven't had much to write about lately. Only that it's been raining so much lately and I've never quite felt cold like this before. The temperature has been settling around 3C ( 37F) to 10C (50F) and with the humidity it's just been plain freezing. Be glad my fair weather friends in California. The days have also gotten extremely short since day light savings time and any ray of light is gone by 4:30pm. Some nights I feel so ready for bed and I realize that it's only 8pm but with the darkness makes it feel like midnight.

This week I am excited to celebrate Thanksgiving with some other Americans. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because it's centered around spending time with the ones you care about, eating yourself silly, and vegging out in front of the television. I do really look forward to Christmas as well but it has gotten so commercial that it's hard to recall what you're supposed to be celebrating. Christmas is especially commercial here in the UK because there are no other holidays like Thanksgiving or Halloween in between so the ornaments and store decorations go up by early October. Thanksgiving will be nice though with my friend Tonya hosting a dinner Thursday night with a mixed group of people. I also have two good friends in town visiting so I'm happy to see them again. I'll be sure to take some pictures and let you know how the turkey turns out.

2 comments:

emelpak said...

wow, just caught up with your blog--busy girl!! the safari pix are AMAZING... and the vineyard looks so serene! you must've had a great time. who were your traveling companions? say Hello to the canucks at whole foods for me ;) miss you!

Unknown said...

I believe you should be saying "telly", not "television"??